[PACKAGE] Mostly complete LttP World Maps package

Started by ffomega, September 08, 2016, 08:36:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 08, 2016, 08:36:39 AM Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 08:24:17 PM by ffomega
A couple people have requested that I release all my overworld and dungeon map tilesets and entities into a single zipped package, so here it is.

Overworld Mapping Package
Dungeon Maps package
Full Hyrule Entities Package

[EDIT] I had to separate the package into two parts due to the size limit of my webspace being 5 MB per file.  Unzip both packages into your "tilesets" folder.  The Hyrule Entities package must be unzipped in the /sprites/entities folder.
Included in this zip file are:

• Overworld minimap tileset (data file included)
  • Full Hyrule tileset (data file included)

•    
    • Full Hyrule entities (individual entities included)

•      
      • 10 types of bomb flowers
      • 10 types of bushes
      • 10 types of grass
      • 8 doors for houses (4 light world and 4 dark world)
      • 8 small stones (4 light world and 4 dark world)
      • 8 large stones (4 light world and 4 dark world)
      • 4 pots
      • 4 skull pots
      • 12 bombable cave doors
      • 4 signs

• The Absolute Dungeon Tilesets (all 16 variants with data files included)

•      
      • closed doors - dungeon and cave
      • locked doors (with small keys) - 5 variants (must choose in editor) dungeon and cave
      • locked doors (with big keys) - 2 variants (must choose in editor), dungeon and cave
      • bombable wall (weak) - house, dungeon, and cave
      • bombable wall (very weak) - house, dungeon, and cave
      • priison cell door (big key required)
      • Movable Block
      • Bombable Block
      • Block requiring a key - 5 variants (must choose in editor)

The Full Hyrule entity sheet is bigger to accommodate more entities in the future should more become available.  The Pegasus Boot "dashing rock" seen in the sheet do not have entities yet, as this has proven to be no simple task to script even for an advanced lua user.

The Absolute Dungeon entities conform to whichever dungeon color you are using at the time.  Small key doors have 5 different colors to choose from, or if you are an advanced coder, you can create multiple colored key doors that require different colored keys to open.  Similarly, there are 5 different key blocks as well.  Doors come in 2 variants; dungeon and cave.  Dungeon doors can be used inside houses as well, as in the original game, they share the same tiles.  Bombable walls (both weak and very weak) come in 3 variants; dungeon (which were made into an alpha transparency to allow sub-level bombable walls--an option which would have looked inconsistant with previous versions), House, and cave.

Included, but do not have entities yet, are a set of ice blocks that contain various items, such as a chest, big chest, heart, rupee, small key, big key, boss key, bomb, arrow, fairy, piece of heart, and a block, or contain nothing at all, and come in 4 sizes.  These have not been made into entities yet, so if anyone wants to make them into entities feel free to do so :)

The world map minimap tileset does not need any special notes.  The only thing you need to remember is that this tileset has no terrain properties to it (all tiles have the "empty" property).  This is exclusively for the purposes of making a world map for your game.  Link was never meant to walk in these maps, and eventually I plan on making a tutorial for these tiles, but in the meantime for anyone interested in using them, just6 remember that a lot of the tiles are alpha blended and will look strange if you place them in areas which are not a solid color (for instance, placing an alpha beach tile under an alpha tree or forest will result in weird looking overlaps.  Alpha trees and mountains are best placed on top of solid colored tiles with no patterns.

As always I hope you enjoy this package, and happy mapping!

My tilesets page can be found here:
http://absolute-hyrule-tutorials.solarus-games.org/

Thank you very much man!:)

One question..

I have started a new quest, I have drag/drop the data folder, overwrite things there, but when I try to make a map and choose from the title-sets, they do not show up. Shall I do something more?

If you started a new project, and you have Solarus running, sometimes you have to close it and re-open it in order for the new tilesets to show up.  If that does not work, then you may have to manually add them into your project.  Look at the left panel where all your assets are stored.  Look under the tilesets folder.  If my tilesets appear in the file tree as question marks "?", then right click on them and click on "Add to Quest as tileset".  A new window will open and it should already point to my tilesets.  Just click OK.  This should open up the tileset properties editor.  If it worked successfully, you should see the tileset image in the right panel, and all the tileset's patterns in the center panel.

Hope that helps :)

Quote from: brlmnd on September 08, 2016, 06:00:08 PM
Thank you very much man!:)

One question..

I have started a new quest, I have drag/drop the data folder, overwrite things there, but when I try to make a map and choose from the title-sets, they do not show up. Shall I do something more?

Have you declared the tileset / entities in your quest database first ?

By the way ffomega, I noticed some missing tile patterns in your package when trying to make a pyramid for Zelda OLB Solarus Edition with the dark world pyramid tile patterns.
I ended up adding some here: https://github.com/christopho/zelda_olb_se/blob/dev/data/tilesets/light_world.tiles.png?raw=true

PS: I even added some new patterns from Vincent Jouillat to be able to make properly the north side of the pyramid. But there were missing elements even to just reproduce the ALTTP one so I thought you should know.

Thanks for telling me :) I actually figured I would be missing some tiles, and I appreciate the additions you want me to add.  That said, I have already included them into my personal copy of the tileset, and will add them into the official release as soon as I get the palette swaps for each pattern

yeah, I apologize for this.  The package got corrupted and I decided to make some revisions to it.  I have rearranged the tilesets for all 16 variants, and have made the entities sheets bigger and include more stuff.  Once I finish the entities I'll repackage and upload it to my site.