A couple people have requested that I release all my overworld and dungeon map tilesets and entities into a single zipped package, so here it is.Overworld Mapping PackageDungeon Maps packageFull Hyrule Entities Package
[EDIT] I had to separate the package into two parts due to the size limit of my webspace being 5 MB per file. Unzip both packages into your "tilesets" folder. The Hyrule Entities package must be unzipped in the /sprites/entities folder.
Included in this zip file are:
- Overworld minimap tileset (data file included)
- Full Hyrule tileset (data file included)
- Full Hyrule entities (individual entities included)
- 10 types of bomb flowers
- 10 types of bushes
- 10 types of grass
- 8 doors for houses (4 light world and 4 dark world)
- 8 small stones (4 light world and 4 dark world)
- 8 large stones (4 light world and 4 dark world)
- 4 pots
- 4 skull pots
- 12 bombable cave doors
- 4 signs
- The Absolute Dungeon Tilesets (all 16 variants with data files included)
- closed doors - dungeon and cave
- locked doors (with small keys) - 5 variants (must choose in editor) dungeon and cave
- locked doors (with big keys) - 2 variants (must choose in editor), dungeon and cave
- bombable wall (weak) - house, dungeon, and cave
- bombable wall (very weak) - house, dungeon, and cave
- priison cell door (big key required)
- Movable Block
- Bombable Block
- Block requiring a key - 5 variants (must choose in editor)
The Full Hyrule entity sheet is bigger to accommodate more entities in the future should more become available. The Pegasus Boot "dashing rock" seen in the sheet do not have entities yet, as this has proven to be no simple task to script even for an advanced lua user.
The Absolute Dungeon entities conform to whichever dungeon color you are using at the time. Small key doors have 5 different colors to choose from, or if you are an advanced coder, you can create multiple colored key doors that require different colored keys to open. Similarly, there are 5 different key blocks as well. Doors come in 2 variants; dungeon and cave. Dungeon doors can be used inside houses as well, as in the original game, they share the same tiles. Bombable walls (both weak and very weak) come in 3 variants; dungeon (which were made into an alpha transparency to allow sub-level bombable walls--an option which would have looked inconsistant with previous versions), House, and cave.
Included, but do not have entities yet, are a set of ice blocks that contain various items, such as a chest, big chest, heart, rupee, small key, big key, boss key, bomb, arrow, fairy, piece of heart, and a block, or contain nothing at all, and come in 4 sizes. These have not been made into entities yet, so if anyone wants to make them into entities feel free to do so
The world map minimap tileset does not need any special notes. The only thing you need to remember is that this tileset has no terrain properties to it (all tiles have the "empty" property). This is exclusively for the purposes of making a world map for your game. Link was never meant to walk in these maps, and eventually I plan on making a tutorial for these tiles, but in the meantime for anyone interested in using them, just6 remember that a lot of the tiles are alpha blended and will look strange if you place them in areas which are not a solid color (for instance, placing an alpha beach tile under an alpha tree or forest will result in weird looking overlaps. Alpha trees and mountains are best placed on top of solid colored tiles with no patterns.
As always I hope you enjoy this package, and happy mapping!