HELP!

Started by superspyguy, December 18, 2016, 01:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 18, 2016, 01:20:21 AM Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 10:30:53 PM by superspyguy
help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help help helpI am a noob :o to solarus, I have some experience in other programming and game designing engines.
but skip to the point I need help! so I downloaded the newest Full Hyrule tileset resource pack and I got it to be in my quest editor, but I can not select them, the only thing that I can get to work is to go to tileset editor and manually create each one. i use windows ten
superspyguy is a smart nice and brilliant game creator/programmer/artist/extremely funny/sarcastic guy who likes to do art, game design and writing personal summaries in the third person

You might want to try Christopho's tutorials (He made the Solarus Engine): Here

I am not sure if your problem is OS related because you did not mention your operating system or that you just have not gone through any tutorials.

The Solarus Resource Help Project might assist you in some way too: Here

What do you mean manually create each one?

i have watched his tutorials, but i didnt find out what was wrong.
what i mean be manually create each one is that there arent any patterns after i put it in the editor and i have to create the pattern manually.
i will include a picture.
superspyguy is a smart nice and brilliant game creator/programmer/artist/extremely funny/sarcastic guy who likes to do art, game design and writing personal summaries in the third person

You will need to download the dat file of the tileset (or ask someone to send you that file). The dat file is where all the patterns are defined. Without it you would need to define all the patterns manually one by one, which would be a loss of time.
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

well that answers my question! thanks guys! :)