Zelda: Book of Mudora

Started by wizard_wizzle (aka ZeldaHistorian), August 08, 2014, 01:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Okay, so I did have completed the current version of the game.
There are nothing bad to say about it, level design is great, world design too (can we say Open World for this project ? looks like it is).

Good work so far, I know that it is still not finished. I enjoyed it  ;).

That's awesome! Glad you enjoyed it.

The main quest is complete. Did the credits roll correctly?

There may be more side quest and NPC content added, mostly in the northern area of the world. I probably won't do a lot more though, since I'm already brainstorming a new project :)

February 05, 2016, 11:31:54 PM #62 Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 11:59:27 PM by MetalZelda
I don't know, I succeeded to get to the final boss in IS, don't know if it is accessible yet, if it is not then that's a bug . And the final boss suddently was invincible for unknown reason, I restarted the game and no boss was present, so I tough that the current version ended there and that some enemies are still in early stages
The heart container is present though

If he becomes truly invincible, then it might be a bug. He does become vulnerable to a limited weapon at one point, and I can let you know more about the strategy if you want to private message me (don't want to give everything away on the forum).

If you collect the heart container and exit the dungeon, the credits should hopefully roll.

Quote from: wrightmat on February 06, 2016, 03:44:32 AM
If he becomes truly invincible, then it might be a bug. He does become vulnerable to a limited weapon at one point, and I can let you know more about the strategy if you want to private message me (don't want to give everything away on the forum).

If you collect the heart container and exit the dungeon, the credits should hopefully roll.

The bug occurs when he gets to this phase, you can hear the "boss dying" sound, but you can still hurt him with the sword and then nothing happen.
I also noticed a performance issue in the basement near a rock "generator" thing, it also happen in the ToW

Congrats wrightmat! ;D
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

Thanks Diarandor!

I'm calling it done. It's probably not perfect, so please report any bugs you find. Start the countdown for the DMCA takedown by Nintendo.

https://sites.google.com/site/zeldabom/download

Gg wp !
So, how much time from the begining of the project till this release ?

Congrats! Looks nice, can't wait to look at it!

MetalZelda, too long to count! I honestly have no idea, I've been working on it casually for years. I'm also a bit of a perfectionist, so I probably could've released it long ago but it wasn't up to my standards :)

wrightmat, do you mind if I create a .deb package of the 1.0 release and put it in the Ubuntu PPA with everything else there?

I do remark that you load your hud twice in game_manager, one through sol.main.load_file and one through require, don't know if it is done on purposes :p

Otherwises, this is far better then the old versions, more stable.

My next tutorial will be about require() :)