Saving game issues (Solved)

Started by SolarDreamGames, July 06, 2016, 09:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 06, 2016, 09:57:37 PM Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 08:16:44 PM by SolarDreamGames
I have an issue saving my game. I can not change written directory from main folder like : C:\Users\###\Desktop\solarus. If I did a tut folder like C:\Users\###\Desktop\solarus\tut, it will state no quest found. (Even if I make a new map/quest, it will not save to any folder but C:\Users\###\Desktop\solarus.)

This is making an issue for finding where my saved game files are. (I tried to make a SavedGame folder in solarus main folder or in data, but neither showed saved.dat)
My game is saving as I have a weapon from a chest, but when I die or restart the game (pushing play in the quest editor), chest are reset, but I still have the weapon. Not sure what is happening here.

Thanks for any help.

Update:

All things reset after entering the area from another map as well. So, I am thinking it might not be saving as I thought, although I do have the items still.
Anyone know how to fix the file system issues? or Why I can't save game correctly? Thanks

1.Have you configured your game to have a save folder? It should be listed in game properties editor.
2.Have you tried adding a game:save() to your treasure script, to try and force it to save?

I'm sorry I can't actually diagnose the problem for you, in lieu of giving suggestions. I've not started handling saving yet, but that's where I'd start looking.
Patience is difficult and rarely thanked, but always appreciated, and sorely missed when absent.

Thanks, I have been able to save treasure state and it stay after I finally figured out where my SavedGame folder was. Win 10 had me everywhere searching for save1.dat file. Found out if you click "This PC" on the left side of your Windows library dialog box, then click the "up one level" arrow, you get to your $Home folders with .solarus there. Just in case someone else gets lost. lol Thanks though... Good Luck on your build