libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

Started by wizard_wizzle (aka ZeldaHistorian), March 12, 2016, 03:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I get multiple "libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile" errors when displaying a menu. I'm guessing this is related to my pause_submenus.png file, but the error does not specify. I also haven't been able to manipulate the image to eliminate the error - I use gimp, and have searched the internet for solutions to no avail. Anyone have any insight into this?

In a future version, can the engine at least specify the file that's throwing the error?

The warning is printed by libpng, the engine has no knowledge of it. I already saw it too, and re-saving the problematic files solved the problem.

Resaving as what? I've tried resaving with a different color profile, changing between indexed and RGB, copying the contents to a new file and saving - none of it worked. This is a new game, so I'm pretty sure I know which file it is, but I've also gotten the error during the Book of Mudora intro, and I'm not sure which file is responsible.

The hardest part is to find the image that has the problem. Maybe there are several ones?

March 12, 2016, 10:17:13 PM #4 Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 10:33:14 PM by MetalZelda
I have this message on the Title Screen scene, but it's not really a thing that make the game crash so I generally skip this

I had this warning in-game before reworking on the pause menu.