Problem w global go value

Started by Starlock, August 26, 2015, 03:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: ffomega on April 02, 2017, 06:48:45 PM
I may have figured out the problem.

I want to create ten different versions of this enemy (and all others for my enemy package).

To keep all enemies sorted neatly, however, I want to place them all in their own separate folders--in this case, a folder named "Octoroks".  It is when I place the enemy script for both the octorok and the stone in its own directory when I begin seeing this problem.  If I move the enemy script outside of the Octoroks folder (leaving it in the root directory of "enemies"), it works as intended, so the problem lies in the location of the octorok script.  Any ideas on how I can resolve this problem?

Nice, you found the problem, I think. The problem is then that your enemy breed is not correct, so it is not correctly created. In the line:
breed = "octorok_stone"
try to write the full path to the file. It should be something like:
breed = "Octoroks/octorok_stone"
but that depends on your folder.
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

That solved the problem!! Thank you very much :)
My tilesets page can be found here:
http://absolute-hyrule-tutorials.solarus-games.org/

@Christopho: This might be an engine bug when the breed path does not exist. Maybe the error is not being displayed.
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."