Just tested this out. Neat so far, here are the issues I encountered:
- Spitesheet glitches: So many of these, both in the tiles, and in the characters. Lots of 1-2px thick lines showing up in places they shouldn't.
- Sword: Normally, while my sword is out, if I parry a knight's sword, my sword stays out. In ZMoS my sword got put away and I had to spam the attack button to parry.
- Unesponsive Controls: The controls felts quite sluggish compared to an actual zelda game.
- Sword Animation: Something about it seems wrong. Maybe it's swinging too slow?
- Map: Where is it?
- Blocked off: I got the sword, and then proceeded to spend nearly an hour looking for a path that wasn't blocked off. I could not find one.
The engine is really neat, and it has a great deal of potential, but there are some issues.