Help needed :)

Started by brlmnd, July 30, 2015, 08:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 30, 2015, 08:09:50 PM Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 08:17:24 PM by brlmnd
I have designed few maps and now I want to push forward and make a dungeon, but first I want to have the lltp dialog box, the menu, the health bar, the mana bara and to be able to select the items I want to use(also the item i`m using, they are showed on the left side of the screen).

I have watched the Tutorial 5, where Christopho is showing how to do it, but the quest is not loading at all.

The error i`m getting is: Error: In on_finished: [string "main.lua"]:21: attempt to call method 'start_game' (a nil value)

Quest is here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4heq8ftb3sg1kty/AADRKVvTzyzvn9s-Fzx67qIFa?dl=0

Big thank you for making this available!:)

As the error message says, there is no start_game() method on game_manager. If y look at the main.lua of chapter 5, I don't call such a function.

I have removed the start_game() from main.lua, but still not working.

You removed it but did you replace it by some code that start a game? Like the main.lua of chapter 5?
Do you have an error message?

OMG is working again, I`ve copyed the code from chap5 :D mail.lua.. it works now.. but in the error.txt is bigger :)) check this out

Error: In on_started: [string "main.lua"]:23: attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value)
Error: In on_finished: [string "main.lua"]:21: attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value)
Error: Failed to load script 'main': [string "main.lua"]:20: 'then' expected near 'exist'
Error: In main: attempt to call a string value
Error: Failed to load script 'main': [string "main.lua"]:20: 'then' expected near 'exist'
Error: In main: attempt to call a string value
Error: In on_finished: [string "main.lua"]:21: attempt to index global 'game' (a nil value)

I think i`ll move the maps to a more complete quest editor, which one do you recommend? ZSDX or Mercuris Chest?