Error: Failed to load data file: [string "data file"]:2592: '}' expected (to clo

Started by YoshiMario2000, July 27, 2015, 09:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Error: Failed to load data file: [string "data file"]:2592: '}' expected (to close '{' at line 2588) near ']'

I have no idea what this means. Or where to fix it.
This signature was way too long before, but now it's short!
Also, I am Still Alive!
On ad Off I go!

Do you ever get the feeling that the fandom of a product(s) ruin the potential that you could have had to enjoy the product?

Check line 2592 to see if it's there directly or check to see if you've correctly closed all functions.

When do you have this error message? In the engine or the editor? Does it appear when opening a particular file in the editor?

Quote from: Christopho on July 27, 2015, 10:23:30 PM
When do you have this error message? In the engine or the editor? Does it appear when opening a particular file in the editor?
It's in the ERROR.TXT file and seems to generate on startup of solarus.exe, but only for my quest witch I'm building
Also, I am Still Alive!
On ad Off I go!

Do you ever get the feeling that the fandom of a product(s) ruin the potential that you could have had to enjoy the product?

I think there is something wrong in your dialogs file. Open it with a text editor like Notepad++ (languages/xx/text/dialogs.dat) and check lines 2588-2592.
Maybe there is a bug in the quest editor, that generated a file with a wrong syntax. Probably because of an unexpected character a dialog.

Found it, Apparently the dialog thought that this:

dialog{
  id = "dungeonintro.1",
  text = [[

[Town's Temple]
]]
}

when put in the editor, Became this:

dialog{
  id = "dungeonintro.1",
  text = [[

[Town's Temple]]]
}

Witch broke it.  So just to be safe I'll just do this for now:

dialog{
  id = "dungeonintro.1",
  text = [[

{Town's Temple}
]]
}
Also, I am Still Alive!
On ad Off I go!

Ok, so there is a bug with the square brackets characters. Thanks for the feedback!