Small error in the dirt soil texture.

Started by Zeror, June 30, 2015, 04:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi,

I noticed a really small error in the dirt soil texture used in the LttP tileset made for Solarus.

I've made a picture to show this clearly.

I made the correct ones myself actually. I believe the correct way of using them is to use the small one (8x8px) on the edge and use the big one (16x16px) to fill the empty spaces left.

There is a whole world of really fiddly errors with the A Link to the Past tilesets. I think this is because there's just so much going on in the game's graphics that nobody really sweats the small stuff.

Something that bothers me with the way the tilesets are laid out in Solarus is how they sometimes break down objects into smaller pieces than LttP ever needed them to have. Mountains are kind of a big one; they have a very particular "layer cake" style to them that's almost never fudged, and you can certainly re-create that in Solarus, but it's not immediately obvious to someone who's never paid that much attention to the graphics in LttP.

I don't know if that's a priority in current versions of Solarus, whether or not Christopho wants to leave the Zelda IP behind and go for something more safe and independent that just happens to have the same gameplay. But it could be a fun side project for anyone brave enough to try it.