Compiling Solarus-Quest-Editor on Ubuntu 15.04 hangs

Started by rogerdg, June 09, 2015, 03:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I downloaded solarus source code, resolved dependancies, and compiled it.  Then I ran the sample quest that is packaged with the source.

I want to create my own quest, so I downloaded the source for solarus quest editor from github.  After resolving dependancies I started the complle with make.  The message "Generating solarus_editor_fr.qm" is the lastline displayed on the screen. The terminal window is not frozen, but the compile has been at this point for over 5 hours.

Is there any way to see more detail of what make is actually doing at this point?

Thanks,

Roger
Great games require creative programmers...

Rogerdg

I have no idea. Did you install the following packages for Qt?
sudo apt-get install qtbase5-dev qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools

June 10, 2015, 03:46:13 AM #2 Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 04:33:00 AM by rogerdg
I missed qttools5-dev-tools.  I must have overlooked an error message when installing  packages.  I was also looking at the tutorials, but they al sem to be in French.  Is there a link to an English language tutorial? I had been at work all day then spent about 5 hours troubleshoting the install before I began looking for tutorials.

The compiler is now progressing nicely. --- Compiler completed, tested solarus-quest-editor, it is working nicely... Now to find a tutorial...

Thank you,
Roger
Great games require creative programmers...

Rogerdg

June 10, 2015, 08:01:17 AM #3 Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 08:42:01 AM by Christopho
Compilation instructions can be found here for Solarus and here for Solarus Quest Editor.
Tutorials are listed here: http://www.solarus-games.org/development/tutorials/
There are video tutorials in English.