linux 1.4.2 : Fatal: No quest was found in the directory '.'.

Started by jaufre, May 26, 2015, 01:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello,

I just compiled the editor from the source code. When I run solarus_run, it gives me this :
Fatal: No quest was found in the directory '.'.
To specify your quest's path, run: solarus_run path/to/quest

If I try to use the sample quest :
solarus_run ./sample_quest/
Solarus 1.4.0
Opening quest './sample_quest/'
2D acceleration: yes
Fatal: This quest is made for Solarus 1.5.x but you are running Solarus 1.4.0
Abandon (core dumped)

I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 x86_64.

P.S : please admin, there are too much anti-robot controls ! Logged people don't need all of them !

The first error is normal, no quest data was found.
The second one is bug: the sample quest appears to have the wrong format. Thanks for reporting it, it will be fixed in the next bugfix release.

The sample quest is only a very short map for now. But if you still want to run it without waiting for the next bugfix release, you can edit its quest.dat file manually and change solarus_version from 1.5 to 1.4.

PS: the anti-spam questions are only at registration time and for your very first post. We had a lot of spam here so we don't really have a choice, sorry.

ok.
Please make sure the soft opens the exemple at start for the next release, so "normal" peaple can use it without calling it from a terminal. Maybe we could even put it on a ppa, and , why not, on the future snappy system !

It opens without parameters but only if data are in the same directory. For 1.5 we want it to open unconditionally, yes :)
A ppa would be the best yes, if someone can maintain it as well as the packages...

This is fixed. The source code package was actually bogus (generated from development version 1.5 instead of release 1.4.2). You can re-download it.

other question : is there a multiplateform editor ? Some Mono or QT app ?