Feature Request: Simplified Editors, for Enemys, and Items.

Started by ZoriaRPG, May 25, 2015, 05:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
At present, all aspects of enemies, and items, must be hardcoded. I would suggest that you consider using templated format enemies, where the sprite, hp, movement, and other parameters can be passed as arguments through an editor pane. This would, be in addition to the present mechanic, and if you would like to see this implemented elsewhere, have a 30-minute walk through ZQuest.

If you pre-load a quest template with enemies, items, and map objects, and allow easy customisation of the enemies, and items, users would be far more ready to adapt, or shift to the Solarus programme.

This is a good idea yes. We are thinking of this for a long time...

That's brilliant mate, and I look forward to it in the future.

Should you want suggestions, or advice on implementation, I'd be happy to discuss it in detail. As I said though, 30m looking at the ZQ editors should give you an idea of how to make this work in Solarus.

You may also be able to draught some co-devs for the engine, over on AGN.

Are there any updates on this?

I'm thinking of making predefined enemy, and item classes, with the ability to add more; then using GUI editors to set their datum, and attributes.

What i think would be nice to simplify the Solarus Editor, are some features of the software RPG Maker 2003. The teleport "orange icon with arrow", it would be nice if when the player step on it; it could say as

"It's too dangerous to get outside, take your equipment in the chess, or talk to the person here; so he give item"

When the player dont have the item, the player could move in some directions, like stepping back from the teleport. But when the player have the item, then the teleport "work". Some number 56 youtube video could help.

I try to make this, i have created a house with a chess, that have the sword. Ive looked at youtube tutorial no.19 but dont want to press some button or explose some wall to get out of the house. I simply want that the player take the item and because of so can get out of the house.

So it could be nice as in RPG Maker 2003, that the orange teleport icon would have the possibility "if some event On/Off" then it would do some thing as in RPG.

It would be nice, when the player talk to some caracter if some event has been done it turn On/Off other events. This could be some number 57 youtube tutorial video.

I still try to figure out things, as i say i'm a beginner so it's normal that for the time beeing my brain is as the size of a green pea lolll

Other nice thing that could be nice i think is that the "Jump" horizontal/vertical/diagonal. Could also have the possibility to jump on "One side" or "Both side" of it. Like if the player is on some bed it jump out of the bed, it could jump back onto the bed on the other side of the "Jump"; like to refill some energy/hearts by sleeping.

Other thing i think would be nice is the possibility to make some Hud that could have some percentage of transparency and animated; to put some text on. It would be nice also if it could have the possibility to put some image "bring to top" over the frame that have some text. To put into some images and to position it. Like you could see Zelda Face on the left or right, knowing that it is him that speak; and see the face of the villager with his text.

I wonder if it is some good idea?

A+

Quote from: 20degree on October 26, 2015, 11:14:16 PM
What i think would be nice to simplify the Solarus Editor, are some features of the software RPG Maker 2003. The teleport "orange icon with arrow", it would be nice if when the player step on it; it could say as

"It's too dangerous to get outside, take your equipment in the chess, or talk to the person here; so he give item"

When the player dont have the item, the player could move in some directions, like stepping back from the teleport. But when the player have the item, then the teleport "work". Some number 56 youtube video could help.

I try to make this, i have created a house with a chess, that have the sword. Ive looked at youtube tutorial no.19 but dont want to press some button or explose some wall to get out of the house. I simply want that the player take the item and because of so can get out of the house.

So it could be nice as in RPG Maker 2003, that the orange teleport icon would have the possibility "if some event On/Off" then it would do some thing as in RPG.

It would be nice, when the player talk to some caracter if some event has been done it turn On/Off other events. This could be some number 57 youtube tutorial video.

I still try to figure out things, as i say i'm a beginner so it's normal that for the time beeing my brain is as the size of a green pea lolll

Other nice thing that could be nice i think is that the "Jump" horizontal/vertical/diagonal. Could also have the possibility to jump on "One side" or "Both side" of it. Like if the player is on some bed it jump out of the bed, it could jump back onto the bed on the other side of the "Jump"; like to refill some energy/hearts by sleeping.

Other thing i think would be nice is the possibility to make some Hud that could have some percentage of transparency and animated; to put some text on. It would be nice also if it could have the possibility to put some image "bring to top" over the frame that have some text. To put into some images and to position it. Like you could see Zelda Face on the left or right, knowing that it is him that speak; and see the face of the villager with his text.

I wonder if it is some good idea?

A+

For your teleportation thing it is possible with a sensor and some condition checking if the hero has the thing, else disable the sensor

For the bed thing you can make it too, you need to grab the max health value and heal to the max health, animations for the hud are the same for sprites

I'm checking in, for a status update on this: Are you still planning to add the editors for game objects?

Yes but this will be in a long time. I am finishing the 1.5 release and then I will work on Zelda Mercuris' Chest, Zelda Oni-Link Begins, Children of Solarus and the tutorials.