Feature Request: Full Pause

Started by ZoriaRPG, May 25, 2015, 04:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
One thing that most gamers love to hate, is when a game has absolutely no way to pause it, and pause the music with it. ...

I'm one of those blokes who has been using ZC for years; and one of the nice features in ZC, is that the programme will pause when you click in the window, or when you defocus the window. This means that you can do things, like take a break, or use Skype, or watch an LP to aid in figuring out a stubborn puzzle; and not have the game continue running, and playing the in-game music.

I have pressed every key, toggled everything that I can find, and short of exiting the viewer, nothing will stop the game running.

Unless I've missed something, it seems there's no way to pause, defocus, or anything of the sort, to have a moment's silence. Aye, I could turn the speakers off; and then, I can't do anything else with the system that's running Solarus viewer, which is to say the least, a big greedy; yes?

Please add a method of fully pausing the game, or at least, disabling sound with a menu of some kind in the Solaris view itself. Pretty please...

You are right, pausing the music or pausing the simulation is not possible.
If we do a window menu this is something we can add, yes.

I;d say a window menu, is a must, with the following minimum options:

Configure Input
Main Sound Volume
Sound Effects Volume
Default Size
(Possible nest those in a Prefs menu)
Default Keys -> Displays all the keys for adjusting the window, such as F5, F10, so that a player can have a reminder.
Pause
Quit -> On separate menu list, with 'Are you sure?' dialogue.

Clicking anywhere in the window, could also work to pause the game

Hello again Christopho,

Have you been able to add a pause function? This flaw is still singularly agitating, as there is no way to multi-task; to take a break from the game and use my system for anything with audio.