Broke the game

Started by xenofears, October 24, 2013, 01:33:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I am playing, and did the first 2 dungeons. I entered Billy the Reckless' Cave, and fell through the floor. I wound up in a bunch of screens from the original game leading up to dungeon 8. I can't get out of the cave. And I stupidly saved. I think I killed my game :( .. even if I can get out I think I broke the thing with Billy, the locked door is open.

Also I am playing on the Android version, and I need to report that it crashes every time you multitask out of the screen, and runs quite choppy. It still needs some work.

Thanks for this awesome game though. It'll be a while before I want to restart from scratch again, but I will eventually.

October 24, 2013, 08:54:49 AM #1 Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 10:13:13 AM by Christopho
Hi,
Can you send me your savegame file so that I fix it?
Savegames are stored in $HOME/.solarus/zsdx

Wow, thanks! I attached it to this email. I hope this is the right file, the path was different.

October 24, 2013, 02:25:20 PM #3 Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 02:49:11 PM by Christopho
Here it is!
I wlil investigate this wrong teletransportation bug, in the meantime you can now continue the game,
Thanks for the report.
EDIT : this is now solved in the development version. It will be fixed in the next bugfix release.

Awesome, thanks! Talk about service! ;)

Are there any new games (in English) with the engine yet?

The door behind Billy is still open, I think it is supposed to be closed, is everything going to work right with him? When I talked to him I didn't get any trade offers, though I don't have gold bars.

I have a bug to report with the Android version.

In the secret dungeon, which I reached without incident (other than the falling into the 8th dungeon thing), there are two rooms where you must kill the enemies to get keys. I had knocked an enemy through the floor instead of killing, and the game did not recognize it as dead. In the room with the large key, it prevented me from continuing and I had to reset, the boss music kept going and no key dropped. I had to go back careful not to knock any enemies into the floor.

Thanks again for this awesome game!

November 25, 2013, 12:35:56 PM #7 Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 10:21:28 PM by Christopho
The bug of the game failing to recognize enemies as dead when they fall into holes is fixed too.
I think I will release a bugfix update this week.
Thanks for your bug reports!

November 26, 2013, 09:15:33 PM #8 Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 09:17:24 PM by wild beast
I downloaded the game today and I have the same Problem like xenofears  Im stuck in this Cave.
Can you help me please?

November 26, 2013, 09:41:41 PM #9 Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 11:56:36 PM by wild beast
Now its ok I was able to do it by myself but the Bug is still there.

If someone else has this problem, download the latest version, it should fix your savegame.

Hi all, sorry to re-open an extremely old thread, but this still seems to be a problem in the Anrdoid version 1.7. Once you enter the cave and drop into the old LttP Swamp Palace, you cannot leave unless you have the hookshot. Unfortunately, you can access this dungeon after Dungeon 2. Is there any way to easily fix this? Thanks!

The bug was fixed in ZSDX 1.7.1 but the Android version is still 1.7.0.
As a workaround, you can replace your data.solarus by the one of 1.7.1, which can be found for example in the zip archive of the windows version (the data.solarus file is portable): http://www.zelda-solarus.com/downloads/zsdx/win32/zsdx-1.7.1-win32.zip
I am not sure where data.solarus is located on the filesystem in the Android version.