Solarus - ZL project

Started by froggy77, April 14, 2015, 11:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 14, 2015, 11:03:36 PM Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 11:20:11 PM by froggy77
Quelques graphiques qui sont en cours pour un projet Zelda-like. Si vous avez des critiques, je suis preneur! /
Some graphics that are in progress for a Zelda-like project. If you have critics, I'm interested!  ;)

ENEMY:

Sorcier Rouge / Red Wizard

NPCs:

Très inspiré par Hamlet le cochon dans Illusion of Time. / Very inspired by Hamlet the pig in Illusion of Gaia. image

Vraiment très beaux ces graphiques, ont voit en plus qu'ils sont biens dans le style Zelda SNES.

I drew this background image which will be probably used for the credits . There are 11 colors.

Are the colors of the image correct? Clouds not too ugly ?
Things that are not corrects?

Looks great! I love the soft use of colors in the background. :D

October 18, 2015, 04:12:55 AM #5 Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 08:22:41 PM by froggy77
Thank you, polyglot762  :)
I tried to follow the board members of another forum: new clouds, smaller sun and softer color frame at the horizon.
The island is slightly adapted to the new pixel art .

New pixel art with 11 colors again, most of which are taken from the first pixel art:

EDIT:
Just a mockup of a dragon of fire. Hope it will not too difficult to script. ;)

EDIT2:
A memory with Solarus!!! Solarus is so 8).  I want to improve my scripting skills before beginning to animate for example a boss with all its attacks.
The Memory will be a mini game, but I think it will be include it in my main project.
In-game:

I like your memory :) great idea!

November 16, 2017, 10:48:49 PM #7 Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 11:07:18 PM by froggy77
ENEMY:

- An enemy named "horned slime" with one eye from Diarandor's scripts and designs
The zip file contain the slightly modified script. So if there are errors, this is my fault.

sources:
http://forum.solarus-games.org/index.php/topic,707.msg3696.html#msg3696
https://github.com/solarus-games/solarus-sample-quest/tree/dev/data
https://diarandor.deviantart.com/art/Slime-Green-v1-0-598758544
Thanks Diarandor!  :)

- A bloody version for the "enemy_killed" animation

Wow! Your version is 10000000000 times better than mine. Awesome work!!!
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

September 03, 2018, 10:22:21 PM #11 Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 01:47:37 AM by froggy77
I'm testing a Gameboy style (so there are 4 colors). This is a very good way to improve my pixel art.Hope you like. It is free to use.

EDIT:I'm working on a new character in the same style. I like the flash of light at the end.
An old wizard man is attacking you.. what would you do?  ;D

February 23, 2019, 12:47:03 AM #12 Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 12:51:38 AM by froggy77
I continue creating sprites of 4 colors in a GB style.

Big doors:

dat files are in attachment.

February 25, 2019, 10:33:13 PM #13 Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 10:36:51 PM by Diarandor
In my opinion, you should split that image in different files as soon as possible, one file for each license. It is not correct to mix art of incompatible licenses in the same file (proprietary art should go appart). Also, I believe that your CC-BY-SA automatically becomes CC-BY-NC-SA when it appears in the same image as your CC-BY-NC-SA.
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

For some sprites sheets, why not... but not for tilesets. I intend to make a tileset with a mix of official, edited (from artists of OGA or artists who gave me their agreement or even from official games) and full customized sprites. All in 4 colours. Anyway, it will be for Non Commercial uses, because there are too many different licenses together.