Empty lines don't disappear

Started by the bread, February 06, 2015, 09:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I just tried changing my old dialog box system (the standard one) to the one that is shown in the video-tutorials, part 5. Of course, I had lots of empty lines in my dialogs then since four lines fit into the new dialog box, but only three lines in the standard one. So when I simply tried to delete this empty lines by pressing the backspace key, but though they disappeared in the editor they still were there unchanged in the game. Also, when I closed the dialogs.dat file in the editor it didn't show any message that the file was not saved, but when I opened the file again, it showed the empty lines again. This is annoying me >:(
However, editing the dialogs.dat in notepad++ works fine  ;D
Another thing that isn't related to this topic but also annoys me often is that the error.txt file doesn't get cleared after the error is fixed. So I've already spent lots of time trying to fix issues I had already fixed instead of searching for another reason.
I hope someone will fix this issues although they are not very serious ones.

Ok, there might be a bug with saving text files in the editor. It correctly works with the new editor of the development version 1.4.

I'm not sure if I really want to delete the error.txt file at startup. Sometimes you run the game again, but still need the error.txt file to be able to report an error that you got earlier.

There's a version 1.4? Haven't noticed this yet. Where can I download it???
I've thought it wouldn't bring any problems to clear the error.txt file at startup because issues that aren't fixed at the new startup would be written in the error file again. And it's really annoying, once I spent half an hour trying to fix a mistake I had already fixed correctly until I finally noticed it was just the old error message that hadn't been deleted. So it would be really helpful if the file was at least cleared once in ten startups, or such.

1.4 is the development version, it is not finished yet :)

I don't remember if the error.txt show the datetime of the error. If it isn't, then the solution is here : show the datetime at the beginning of the line will help to know when the error occurs, and not retrying to fix it again. If the datetime is shown, then the solution is already here : use the datetime to know if you already fixed this error or not :p

IMHO, datetime in debug are the only way to stay sane =]