Creation of a custom tileset: What style would you like?

Started by froggy77, August 06, 2020, 12:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What style would you like?

A Link To The Past (Alttp)
1 (16.7%)
The Minish Cap (Mc)
1 (16.7%)
Yarntown / Oceans Heart
3 (50%)
Other
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 13, 2020, 12:14:28 AM

I'm planning on making a pretty dark, gothic, Halloween inspired tileset.
It's not for my project, so it won't be in 4 colors. It's just to improve my pixel art and put this style of game boy that I love on hold. It will last just 1 or 2 months. This tileset should look like Alttp or Mc or whatever in order to fit into most projects.

Thank you for voting many. Please do not vote twice: It's on the forum OR on Discord (#resource-packs).

Style =  Other. Please specify the game as an example. You can speak on Discord.

I think you should go for something between minish cap and zelda a link to the past. I am currently making the tileset for my game and I am trying to hit a style like that-ish. Basically i want a sort of rustic cartoon style combining elements from wind waker, minish cap, zelda a link to the past and and ocarina of time 3DS.

That cancelled Midora game would probably be a pretty close description of that.

I'm curious to see what all this mix of style will look like in your tileset. ;)
There are only 9 voters (forum + Discord). This tends towards "The Minish Cap" for the moment.

Thanks for the advice. I will try to do the best, to satisfy as many people as possible and to draw as little ugly as possible. I understood that people wanted something with little saturated colors. If it is, the result is not going to please, but I would have tried and I would have had fun. And, in that case, I would do better next time xD