does anyone know what this means?

Started by ponderitus, March 17, 2020, 05:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
When i close the game on certain maps, this pops up...

libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
libpng warning: iCCP: cHRM chunk does not match sRGB

does anyone know what it means?

March 18, 2020, 06:44:15 PM #1 Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 06:55:12 PM by froggy77
I've got CRC errors in a lot of png files of my project; I did not know your error but it seems similar.
I often use Gimp and still don't know what options can cause this. I thought it was Gimp that was causing this problem, but I'm pretty sure I would do the same CRC error with images created in mspaint.
imagemagick may help you to fix this problem. Just run imagemagick, open the png image and save it.
The other problem when they are a lot of images in a project is to identify what images have errors.
That's why I'm doing a report in html generated by a Powershell script (which needs imagemagick).

I don't know if you share your project online (for example with GitHub or GitLab), but it would be helpful for me to test my script with the errors you are having.

sweet man cheers for the info, I wasn't able to download imagemagick i think the site is down so i tried just making a new blank sheet and copying the sprites over and overwriting it...it worked. was a png i had as an overlay the "map name" png i have pop up on start. which is why it wasnt happening on any of the other maps with the same tileset ect.

my project isnt online anywhere atm ive been looking into how to do it, made a github account today so it might be up soon

March 23, 2020, 07:07:07 PM #3 Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 12:58:38 AM by froggy77
I created a PowerShell script that generates a report in html to detect errors (eg CRC) in .png and .bmp images.
It also makes it possible to get the color palette of the images in a folder and its sub-folders.
This script needs the ImageMagick tool.
I would like to know if some can test it and give me feedback.

https://github.com/hydralerna/ZL-project/blob/master/tools/ImageMagick_report/ImageMagick_Report.ps1

would't know how to test it mate, the link above gives a 403 Forbidden error, I ended up just opening all png's with ImageMagick and saving them.....didn't take toooooooo long. only a few thousand files lmao.

if you tell me how to use it ill test it for you

March 30, 2020, 01:01:59 AM #5 Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 05:15:00 PM by froggy77
Thanks.  I corrected the link.
Edit : new version of the script.

I couldn't download imagemagick since the site was down, so I tried generating a fresh blank sheet and copying the sprites over and overwriting them...it worked. was a png I used as an overlay for the "map name" png that appears at the start. That's why it didn't happen on any of the other maps using the same tileset, etc.