Tileset upate script in Lttp pack

Started by PeterB, August 31, 2019, 10:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi, does anyone know how to use the update tileset script?

I tried putting the script in the ../data/scripts folder and calling it from the game_manager script but i am getting the below error.

Any ideas, as i can't find any documentation on how to use it?

Error: In on_started: scripts/update_maps_to_rearranged_outside_tilesets.lua:26: attempt to concatenate global 'file_path' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function '__concat'
scripts/update_maps_to_rearranged_outside_tilesets.lua:26: in function 'get_pattern_mapping'
scripts/update_maps_to_rearranged_outside_tilesets.lua:107: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'require'
scripts/game_manager.lua:10: in main chunk
scripts/menus/savegames.lua:4: in main chunk
main.lua:20: in function <main.lua:9>

The script gives the following usage example:
Usage: lua update_maps_to_rearranged_outside_tilesets.lua quest_path map_file_1.dat ...

I think it is not meant to be run from within Solarus. Try opening a terminal and entering the above line. And definitely make a backup of your files first.

Ok, thanks for the reply. I am struggling to figure out what to put in for "quest_path map_file_1.dat"?

Is quest_path where my data folder is or where my maps folder is??

And do i need to input every map file name here instead of "map_file_1.dat"??

Sorry, just starting on my lua learning journey.

hmm... looking into it some more it seem that the usage example given is wrong. From the code it looks like it just wants:
lua update_maps_to_rearranged_outside_tilesets.lua full_path_to_map_file_1.dat full_path_to_map_file_2.dat

where it is simply calling:
io.open("full_path_to_map_file_1.dat")
io.open("full_path_to_map_file_2.dat")
etc...

So yes, you have to specify the full path to a map (including the map file itself) and you have to input it for ever map you want to convert.

Ok thanks llamazing. Sounds like a bit to much trouble for me as I have over 300 maps in my game.

Perhaps i wont be doing this anytime soon and will stick to my large ffomega tileset!

The goal of this script is precisely designed to convert all maps easily.

lua update_maps_to_rearranged_outside_tilesets maps/*.dat