Author Topic: Zeldo's Challenge - Chapter 1: The Revenge of the Bingo  (Read 13822 times)

Zeldo

• View Profile
Zeldo's Challenge - Chapter 1: The Revenge of the Bingo
« on: August 29, 2019, 08:14:04 am »
Hello everybody !

I start a new topic, in English this time to talk about the 1st chapter of my little serie "Zeldo's Challenge".

After the release of "Zeldo's Challenge - Chapter 2: The Tower of Memories", some people asked me where they could find the 1st chapter...

This 1st chapter was a little game with 1 dungeon and beatable in 40min-1h and was destined to one person only, it was in 2017...

However, 2 years later, I released the 2nd chapter and decided to release it for a greater audience than only 1 person... the Solarus communauty ! And then people asked me where was this 1st chapter... logical, but I never thought that people would ask me about that xD

So, I decided to do an offficial release for the chapter 1 of Zeldo's Challenge !

This short game will be available soon and will be available for the communauty for sure :D I need some time to fix some bugs and other things... (it's a project from 2017 so I must fix them and adapt the game for a greater audience too).
I'd like to add some features too like input customization and a short english translation ;D

I'll tell you about my advancement in the project soon :D

All reactions are welcome of course :)

Hope to see you soon for the release of "Zeldo's Challenge - Chapter 1" ;)

Wuzzy2

• I burned the name “Wuzzy” due to my stupidity :(
    • View Profile
Re: Zeldo's Challenge - Chapter 1: The Revenge of the Bingo
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 09:45:44 pm »
This sounds great!
I would really appreciate it if you would post an English language version of the Zeldo 2 thread, so that most of us can actually read it. :) This is just too great a game to be just be so invisible to many players. :(

Did you read my review?

Neovyse

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 10:48:45 pm »
Great! Can't wait to play it!

Zeldo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 02:54:47 am »
Hello!

Time to give you some news about my project... I finished the english translation and the level design of the dungeon has been fixed!

There are still some adjustements to do and some beta tests and I'll release the game :D

I can't give you a release date for the moment but this will be soon ^^

Wuzzy2 I read your review yes and I'm glad you really appreciated the game ^^ thanks for the bug report too, I'll try to fix them and I'll upload the game on another place than mediafire.
But I will not write an english topic for the chapter 2 sorry... the game has been released since 4 months and the download page for the game is in English on the solarus website (thanks to the team behind this by the way...)

Zeldo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 02:31:31 am »
Hello everyone!

Good news for you, my project has been released just now :D

You can download it just here: https://github.com/ZeldoRetro/defi_zeldo_chap_1/releases

Have fun playing this little game and don't hesitate to contact me if you have remarks or if you encounter a bug or something else :P
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 01:21:01 am by Zeldo »

Diarandor

• Cats are cool! (ΦωΦ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 10:58:34 pm »
@Christopho:
I got this error while playing this game. I was using an old version of Solarus: v1.6.0.
I believe this is an engine error: "Fatal: This state is already stopping: pulling" (see image below).
Was this fixed in v1.6.2? By the way, I've just downloaded the last engine version now, just in case.

@Zeldo: I'm still stuck in that puzzle. I believe I've become a casual player... :'(
“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”

Christopho

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 11:57:01 pm »
Fixed in 1.6.2, yes.

Diarandor

• Cats are cool! (ΦωΦ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2019, 08:12:21 pm »
Cool, thanks!
“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”

Zeldo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 07:21:04 am »
Diarandor,

This puzzle can be complicated but you must investigate the room, look behind the torches :P I can't be more precise sorry...

Diarandor

• Cats are cool! (ΦωΦ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2019, 01:24:55 am »
Lol, thanks! I get it now.
I am not good at puzzles with pieces hidden below the carpet. I had even tried to move the torches and thought the puzzle was broken XD.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 01:26:52 am by Diarandor »