Golden Axe Warrior in Solarus

Started by CopperKatana, July 27, 2019, 07:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello everyone, recently I've changed my name from Blueblue3D to CopperKatana. But that's not what this post is about. I've been working on a recreation of Golden Axe Warrior in the Solarus engine. It's still very basic, and there remains a lot of work to be done before this could be considered a full game. But I've gotten it to the point where it at least looks a lot like the original game, so I want to post it here to get some feedback and gauge interest in this project.

The video I shared at the bottom of this post sums up what I've done and what needs to be done. The enemies don't have anything more than the default behavior, so that's the next thing I'm focusing on.

I've been interested in expanding Solarus fangame resources beyond the Zelda games, so I thought a simple 8-bit Zelda clone would be a good starting point. Someday this could be a full resource pack, but it's still in the very early stages of development. Even if it never gets that far, maybe it will at least get people talking about other Zelda-like games in Solarus, like Secret of Mana, Soleil, or Ys.

Please feel free to critique or suggest anything. You can see it in action here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfZxwHcxAuI&feature=youtu.be

Excellent! It's always great to have non-Zelda games made with Solarus. Keep up the good work  :D

Cool! Good to see more games different from Zelda. :D
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

This is looking great! It has actually inspired me to take a few traits to use in my own project.

I love to see people games grow like this :)

Keep up the good work!
Build a man a fire, he will be warm for the night. Set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.
a.k.a. Kamigousu, Xejk, Sr Xejk