Question on "open" animation of doors

Started by froggy77, February 02, 2019, 12:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 02, 2019, 12:51:43 AM Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 03:03:41 AM by froggy77
Hello all,

I read in  "Solarus documentation" that for door entities,
Quote"The sprite of a door must define animations "open" and "closed". Animations "opening" and "closing" are option" ...
But I don't find out examples of "open" animations. There are only "closed", "opening" and "closing" animations in different projects I checked.

I'm trying to add one with only one frame, but the frame disappears after the "opening" animation even if I loop it. In fact, this is not exactly a door but a portcullis;  I would like the lower part to be visible when it is open.
I know that I could place a tile (from the tileset) under the "door" entity.  This unnecessarily increases the number of tiles in the tileset.

So why do that when the documentation says that an "open" animation is possible even if I don't know how for the moment?  ;)

up
I'm drawing other doors with this time several images for an "open" animation. The fact that this animation is not displayed is annoying. Maybe it is possible with dynamic tiles.

This is a documentation bug. There is no "open" animation for doors: they are simply not displayed when they are open.