<SOLVED> Where are my savegames stored?

Started by Lucifer, January 22, 2019, 01:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 22, 2019, 01:22:57 PM Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 08:59:24 PM by Lucifer
Hi,
Last week, I saw that my debug didn't work but, I've set the save directory to "zeldahsa". Then, when I create a new savegame, it doesn't appear in "zeldahsa". How can I solve it?

If I remember correctly...

Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Solarus/quest_name

Windows: C:\Users\<username>\.solarus\quest_name

Linux: /root/.solarus/quest_name

Quote from: MichaelNG789 on January 22, 2019, 02:32:30 PM
Linux: /root/.solarus/quest_name

Quick correction: it's ~/.solarus/quest_name

If you're using the Snap (eg, you got it from the Ubuntu store), it's ~/snap/solarus/current/.solarus/quest_name
RIP Aaron Swartz

But it didn't save on it, and when I deleted it, I can no longer recreate it. (I'm on Windows)

Please give more information.
RIP Aaron Swartz

January 30, 2019, 02:25:16 PM #5 Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 02:33:12 PM by Lucifer
On Windows, i can't create a folder starting w/ a dot.
(e.g. ".solarus" isn't valid because it says "Please enter a file name"

Apparently you can't create a folder with a period in the beginning using the normal Windows file manager. You could probably use "mkdir .solarus" from the command prompt.

If you want better help, please give a lot more information about what you're trying to achieve, what is happening, and what you expect to happen.
RIP Aaron Swartz

Yeah. When you open up the command prompt, it will likely already be in your home directory (for example since my user's name is Max, it's C:\Users\Max for me), but if not, you can navigate there by typing "cd C:\Users\Max" or if you name isn't Max, whatever your home directory is. Cd stands for change directory.

Once you're there type "mkdir .solarus" as Alex says. Mkdir stands for make directory.

Just though I'd add in some more details as a windows user.
Let us know if that works out.

I found it! The .solarus folder is now on the solarus install directory.