Author Topic: Some Maps I've been working on...  (Read 188 times)

eliwolfe92

• View Profile
Some Maps I've been working on...
« on: October 28, 2018, 12:27:28 am »
I've only just recently as of a few weeks ago discovered Solarus but I've been having a lot of fun making maps with the Quest Editor as you can see in the imgur gallery below...

https://imgur.com/a/Wpr65tR

(I wasn't sure how to make my images available in the post, sorry noob here.)

I know they're not great but I thought I'd share anyway. I'll be posting more when I get time. peace

oh and Hi everyone, I'm new here.

Max

• View Profile
Re: Some Maps I've been working on...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 03:28:06 am »
Welcome : )
I really like the village you've got at the top, it seems nicely laid out and uses various heights in an interesting way. I appreciate how everything is sectioned and compartmentalized, but also looks easy to navigate.

Some of the other ones share a trait of having long, open borders. It's usually better to have smaller "doors" between areas, but keep it up? Are you planning on making a game?

eliwolfe92

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 05:48:11 am »
Thanks for the feedback! The village is kinda awkward but it works/looks alright I guess (just kinda threw it together) the maps that you said are too open are the first ones I made so that makes sense. I've been trying to get better about planning before building in general. I've been learning a lot through trial and error but really just on the mapping front. I've done VERY little coding so far (no enemies or puzzles for the most part) If you'd happen to be willing to throw any advice about coding whatsoever I'd appreciate it greatly. Either way thanks for the welcome 8)

brlmnd

• Living for a better world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 01:35:53 am »
Well done Eliwolfe92!

And welcome to the community!:)