Anybody take music commissions/requests?

Started by CrookiNari, June 14, 2018, 11:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello all! I'm needing somebody who can create a remix of the following song using the ALttP soundfont:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NanjfqwMfdA (title screen)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFx51MqVOK4 (longer version)
The ALttP asset pack has most of the music I need for my game, but I want this song in the game as well for the title screen and important cutscenes. Send me a message if you're interested and we can discuss prices.

If you are talking to Zelda fans I don't know if price is what to consider  :) . But if this is from the CDI game, I assume it is pre-recorded audio? Ie. Not a sequence like MIDI or SNES format. If that is that case (its a format like .wav or .mp3 or embedded in a video) then a new-soundfont remix would be unfeasible, unfortunately. The song would have to be entirely re-made.

Edit. BUT if you have a midi file or similar it would be very easy! Do you have one??

I'm afraid not, and I suspected it would need a total remake. I just meant the melody would be the same but recreated in the ALttP style.

What's your timeframe for this? I'm currently moving and my studio is in total disarray, but I've been meaning to look into getting a soundfont player working. Do you have the ALTTP soundfont?

I don't have the soundfont, nor a particular timeframe. Just sometime between now and whenever the game is complete, and who knows when that will be. It's low on my list of priorities to include but I figured I'd cast the line out early rather than scrabble around furiously later on when there's nothing else I need to put in. But I imagine the soundfont wouldn't be too difficult to find, as plenty of ALttP remixes of Zelda songs exist out there.

Alright. Well give me like a month or two and maybe a reminder and I'll look into it at least.

July 09, 2018, 01:47:53 AM #7 Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 08:57:41 PM by Zefk
Quote from: jojo_f on June 21, 2018, 03:31:17 AM
I assume it is pre-recorded audio? Ie. Not a sequence like MIDI or SNES format. If that is that case (its a format like .wav or .mp3 or embedded in a video) then a new-soundfont remix would be unfeasible, unfortunately. The song would have to be entirely re-made.

Edit. BUT if you have a midi file or similar it would be very easy! Do you have one??

Well, actually, you can convert .wav, ogg, etc to midi. Some ways take more work than others.

Simplest free solution: Bearaudio

Although, Bearaudio will not separate the instruments. Also, Bear is an online converter.

Paid

Melodyne Studios: can do the same as Bear, but it is a paid piece of software. Not sure if it separates instruments. More at YouTube.

AnthemScore: Same as Melodyne Studios, but cheaper price wise and it has a Linux version.

Similar paid software and price comparisons: Here

Free

Bearaudio: Although, Bearaudio will not separate the instruments. Bear is an online converter and deletes your file after 2 hours and it can convert many different file formats. For instance, it can convert WAV, MP3, OGG, AAC, and WMA to MIDI.

Sonic Visualiser: It works on multiple platforms (I use it on Linux), but it takes more work than the others. It shows you a melody spectrum that one can trace on layers and export to Midi. It is a good learner tool. I used this to make opensource music into midi because sometimes their instruments suck, but their music is amazing. ;D

Here is a quick explanation by Hibou57.

AmazingMidi: This can turn a wav file into Midi for Windows.

Crooki, my boy, are you still looking? I'd totally do this if Max hasn't yet.