Need help with effects and weather!

Started by Hawkinzon, May 04, 2018, 09:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 04, 2018, 09:38:45 PM Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 09:42:29 PM by Hawkinzon
Hi everyone!

I wonder if someone can give me an example of how I can make a "Earthquake" also a "Fade out" effect with the camera?
I'm working with my prologue of the game and the Idea is that the following:
The hero is walking along a road, and suddenly the ground start to quake (here I need the earthquake effect) and the evil lord or some other angry dude shows up (haven't decided yet) and make my hero unconscious (here I need the fade out effect).

I also need help with weather conditions, I would like a "Storm/rainy" effect during my prologue and I also would like to have other weather conditions in different areas of the game (Sunny, rainy, snowy, windy etc.)

I can't really find anything in the documentation that can help me with this. I might look in the wrong place?
So I wonder if someone please can help me, either to tell me were in the documentation I can read about this or if someone can give a example of how the effect can be made

BR
Hawkinzon

Ahoy there! It is dangerous to go alone, read this!
http://forum.solarus-games.org/index.php/topic,1054.0.html
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

Quote from: Diarandor on May 04, 2018, 09:58:00 PM
Ahoy there! It is dangerous to go alone, read this!
http://forum.solarus-games.org/index.php/topic,1054.0.html

Thanks alot dude! Awesome work!
Is there any tutorial how to "install" this weather mode into my quest?
In one comment to the topic you link you say "You can put it above of your script "game_manager.lua". Make sure that the "require" line is called once, or the weather scripts will not work."
I wonder were do i call the "require" line? In the game_manager.lua?

I'm pretty new to lua and Solarus, I'm learning more and more each day so if you wouldn't mind to teach me how this work in a quick guide I would be really grateful :)

BR
Hawkinzon

May 04, 2018, 10:35:41 PM #3 Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 10:44:54 PM by Diarandor
There are instructions in the scripts that explain how to use and implement them. You can study the scripts of CoS to learn how it works. I recommend you to postpone doing the complicated stuff and focus on learning more basic stuff.
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."