Solarus Engine on Nintendo Switch

Started by carstene1ns, April 15, 2018, 07:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 15, 2018, 07:22:16 PM Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 12:16:52 AM by carstene1ns
Hi, has been quite some time, but I am back again.
Just letting you know that the engine runs on Nintendo Switch (homebrew):
https://youtu.be/-y7kXOmZ5wQ

More information is also available on the gbatemp thread linked from the video description (not sure if I am allowed to link this here).

Same stuff like on the Wii version applies: May have some rough edges.

Cool !
We were talkin about making a crowdfunding someday to buy a Switch dev kit and port Solarus to Switch, in an 'official' way (not homebrew). If we do that someday, we will need your help  ;)

April 19, 2018, 11:44:46 PM #2 Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 03:41:08 AM by Max
Does an official Dev kit mean we'd be able to put our games up in the switch shop? I'd definitely be into donating to a crowdfunding thing for that!

Yes that's basically the idea ! But I don't know how this work. Moreover, Nintendo has to approve.

April 22, 2018, 01:55:23 PM #4 Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 06:36:49 PM by MetalZelda
I like how it's done, but is it only limited to Mystery of Solarus DX currently ?
Can't test it currently because homebrewing my Switch isn't my priority now

I do wonder if this could run on a 3DS

Well, zsdx is the main game, so it was only natural to showcase it.
However, every game can run with slight modifications. Unfortunately most games do not properly support joysticks.

About 3DS: Currently not on homebrew, as there is no active/working SDL2 port.
However, with the official SDK, sure. I have read that you can actually get that for free or something.

Hi,

I found your GH repo fork and I would like to build Solarus for my own switch, however it seems that the Makefile isn't part of the CMake build script itself,

Can you hint me a bit about what I should do in order to fix the build?