[Resolved] How to change the ground of conveyors belt ?

Started by Lucifer, March 21, 2018, 08:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi everybody !
I would like to know how to change the ground of conveyor belt (like the Swamp Palace in ALttP), it's for my Water Temple, with water streams.

Streams have no ground (ground "empty"), so the ground is determined by the entities under them.

I use custom entity for my way of doing water stream, this way, most of any entity can interact with this stream

@MetalZelda: Are there some news of the progress of your project?  :)
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

March 25, 2018, 03:58:12 PM #5 Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 04:01:40 PM by MetalZelda
Quote from: Diarandor on March 24, 2018, 10:08:10 PM
@MetalZelda: Are there some news of the progress of your project?  :)

Not yet, there are many things that I want to change and improve, hard time since the team is not that active (school and work) :p
"Water streams" is one of them, it currently looks awful  :-\
And also I can't release something incomplete, there's an item where I need to change the hero's opacity, not possible yet I guess  :-X (I did a workaround by changing the tunic sprite id in the past but since I use a "skin" system, recreating 32 tunics set for this item is completely time and ressource waste)

I'm also implementing Llamazing's minimap generator, getting the scale right is the hardest thing to push, especially for the whole dungeon map

Quote from: MetalZelda on March 25, 2018, 03:58:12 PM
And also I can't release something incomplete, there's an item where I need to change the hero's opacity, not possible yet I guess  :-X (I did a workaround by changing the tunic sprite id in the past but since I use a "skin" system, recreating 32 tunics set for this item is completely time and ressource waste)
I am sure that is now possible with shaders! ;)
We will have new features like rotations, symmetries, modifying colors, and any similar transformation you may want, all thanks to shaders. We already have even water effects that can be applied to surfaces or sprites.
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

Quote from: Diarandor on March 25, 2018, 04:24:48 PM
Quote from: MetalZelda on March 25, 2018, 03:58:12 PM
I am sure that is now possible with shaders! ;)
We will have new features like rotations, symmetries, modifying colors, and any similar transformation you may want, all thanks to shaders. We already have even water effects that can be applied to surfaces or sprites.

Oh then this is interesting, any demo to try this out ?

I am not sure. You should create an account on gitter to follow the progress and new features and ask the devs. I've seen some awesome gifs there of things that have been done, but all seems very recent. It's all thanks to std::gregwar, who is working on new shaders stuff.