World Location, & Separators

Started by jojo_f, February 08, 2018, 04:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 08, 2018, 04:48:17 AM Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 06:08:24 AM by jojo_f
Hello,

I am curious as to how important setting the world location is. For example if there were three standard screens in a world scrolling left to right, you may set them at 0, 320, and 640. Or not. When layering multiple floors (say, replicating the tower with the Moldorm) this seems very important. But otherwise?

Also, what are the advantages/hazards of using separators instead of multiple screens?

Thanks for any insight.

Hi,

- The location of maps is important if you scroll between maps of different sizes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SN2RKV09ec&index=11&list=PLzJ4jb-Y0ufxwkj7IlfURcvCxaDCSecJY

- The main difference between separators and multiple maps is that with separators, everything remains active in regions that are not in the camera. They are only a visual separation. But Lua scripts can automatically create/restore/destroy entities when separators are crossed (that's what I do in my games). Advantage: easier to view all your small screens in the quest editor. Hazards: everything remains active (moving enemies, etc) in other regions unless you have scripts to take care of that.