Can't find the english version of XD2?

Started by MichaelNG789, June 04, 2018, 10:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 04, 2018, 10:58:12 PM Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 11:21:40 PM by MichaelNG789
I was downloading Zelda XD2 for Mac and opened it after it finished downloading. I noticed it was only in French at first, so I though maybe the language can be changed in the options menu after I chose a file, and I checked and couldn't find anything. I also downloaded the version for all systems, and it wasn't in english, and I was told it was available in english now. How can I find the english version of XD2? Did I miss something?

June 04, 2018, 11:39:41 PM #1 Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 11:46:49 PM by Diarandor
Quote from: MichaelNG789 on June 04, 2018, 10:58:12 PM
How can I find the english version of XD2? Did I miss something?
I think so. I guess that the selected language was saved as French the first time you initialized the game, so I guess that you need to select the language again in the corresponding menu. Did you check the "options" menu to change the language? (Look for it somewhere in the game.)

EDIT: another way (a dirty way) to change the selected language is to open the file settings.dat in your savegame folder (it will be somewhere in your computer, and that folder depends on your OS), and then replace the line
Code (Lua) Select
language = "fr"
with this new line
Code (Lua) Select
language = "en"

EDIT 2: in the options menu, you can read above in French "press space to select language" (necessary to choose language). But since you don't know French, you didn't understand that and so you didn't know that you needed to press space (or maybe you didn't even read that line).
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

June 05, 2018, 04:54:10 AM #2 Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 10:10:37 PM by MichaelNG789
Thanks that helped. Also, I can still roughly read french anyways since I did so much of it in school for the past couple of years. It was just a little more ideal for it to be in english. I guess I didn't see the options menu in file select.

EDIT: Turns out the english language wasn't there, so I copied it from the all systems version and that worked lol.