Remove keys after using

Started by Hawkinzon, November 28, 2017, 06:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi again!

I've been trying to add a key (the wooden key which already exists as an item) to my game which should be removed/decreased in amount after used.
I've been following this topic (http://forum.solarus-games.org/index.php/topic,245.0.html) about the same issue, and used the code that was set by Christopho on page 2, but I don't get the item to work properly.

I can add the key to the game and pick it, and use it to open chests. But when I have picked it up it doesn't want to decrease in amount when I open a chest even if i edit the chest to remove/decrement this item after using it. Also tried to use the counter as a required item to open the chest but it makes no different.

I also tried this directly directly in the wooden key lua and wooden key counter lua:
Function item:on_using()
             item:remove_amount(1)
end

but it doesn't work.
I have attached both my Wooden key lua and my Wooden key counter lua to be read here. Please help me!!  :'( :'(

Also, @Christopho, if you see this. You might have ALOT to do, but if you could do a tutorial about this in english as you have about the bow and arrow in french it would be AWESOME!

BR
Hawkinzon

If you are using a special and unique key (the wooden key), the normal keys counter will not be what you need. You need a (unique) variable associated to that key, that you could get/set with "game.get/set_value".
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

Quote from: Diarandor on November 28, 2017, 08:33:08 PM
If you are using a special and unique key (the wooden key), the normal keys counter will not be what you need. You need a (unique) variable associated to that key, that you could get/set with "game.get/set_value".

Hi Diarandor!

I have tried and tried but still not getting this to work properly. I have no clue were I am doing this wrong.
I even removed the wooden key and now I try to use the small key, but it still give me different errors, even when I have the exact code that Christopho wrote in the other topic (See link in description) it doesn't work. Can you please give me an example that I can test? I don't know if Christopho is talking about another "game" since he is refering to "ZSDX".

BR
Hawkinzon

Which errors do you get?
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."