[SOLVED] Item image won't show

Started by Hawkinzon, September 26, 2017, 09:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 26, 2017, 09:56:07 PM Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 11:30:30 PM by Hawkinzon
Hi Everyone,

I am currently working on a item which is working in game, it can be found and will be registred in my inventory and will open e.g doors that require that item.
The problem is that when I get the item from e.g a Chest it will display the dialog but not the image of the item.
I have double checked that the .png image is in the MyQuest\data\sprites\items folder with the correct Dialog ID

Got any ideas about what is going wrong? Can't find any directly tutorial on how to create a new item.
Please let me know if you need any files attached

BR
Hawkinzon

The tutorial about creating treasures is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG0YRerYphg&index=8&list=PLzJ4jb-Y0ufxwkj7IlfURcvCxaDCSecJY

You need to create a sprite from your PNG image. It might be a sprite with just one frame corresponding to the PNG image, but it still has to be a sprite :)
The sprite needs to be named exactly "entities/items", and have an animation with your item's name and a direction for each variant. The tutorial explains all this with examples.

Hi Again,

I think I have done everything right (atleast as far as I can see)

The followed have been done

• Sprite created and png is saved inside MyQuest\data\sprites\items
  • Dialog created for the item when found (See attached file dialogs.dat line #86)
  • Item added to the Quest Editor and the frame is set (only one frame, Size 16x16)
  • Sprite ID is "items/glasses"

Can't see that I have missed anything.

BR
Hawkinzon

The sprite id must be "entities/items". It is an animation of this sprite that should be called "glasses".

Yes!! That worked :)
The thing is that this item worked before until i downloaded and did put my quest in the .Solarus folder. And now it didn't work..
Wonder were it went wrong along the way..

Well well, it does works now and I'm grateful! :)

BR
Hawkinzon