[SOLVED] Quest.dat not found

Started by Hawkinzon, September 26, 2017, 08:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 26, 2017, 08:20:48 AM Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 11:30:48 PM by Hawkinzon
Hey guys!

Don't know if this is the right section to post this but when I try to open my quest I browse to the folder with the quest.dat file, but when I run it it says that there isn't any Quest.dat file in that folder.

I can open the sample quest which comes along with the Solarus 1.5.3 package and I also compared the Sample quest Quest.dat file with my own Quest.dat and can't find anything odd.

Do you have any clue why the heck the program can't find my file?

Note: the quest I have was created in early 2017, so if there is any new program version that  might be a problem?

Br
Hawkinzon

Are you sure that you open the correct folder (the one containing quest.dat)? Is quest.dat readable?
Can you paste the content of your quest.dat here?

Hi Christopo!

Yes on both questions, it's the right folder and the Quest.dat is readable, as I said before I compared it to the Sample Quest that comes with the Solarus program. Unfortunately I'm at work now but will add the Quest.dat file later tonight!

Br
Hawkinzon

Quote from: Christopho on September 26, 2017, 09:24:51 AM
Are you sure that you open the correct folder (the one containing quest.dat)? Is quest.dat readable?

Quote from: Christopho on September 26, 2017, 09:24:51 AM

Hi Again!

Here you find the Quest.dat file attached

The quest.dat file looks correct. It should be in a "data" folder. And the folder you need to open is the one containing the "data" folder, not the one containing quest.dat. (Sorry, I was wrong in my previous message!)

Found the solution for this. Since I downloaded a new setup of Solarus Game Engine I needed to have a .Solarus folder (mentioned in one of your first Tutorial videos on Youtube). Moved my Quest folder inside the .solarus and ran the Quest editor and now I can open it perfectly!

Thanks for your help!

BR
Hawkinzon