What do you prefer for a shield?

Started by Diarandor, July 17, 2017, 07:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

For the project Children of Solarus, which kind of shield would you prefer?

The built-in shield. Like in ALTTP.
2 (20%)
A custom shield that works like in Link's Awakening, that can be used directly and changes its direction with the hero.
6 (60%)
A custom shield that works like in Minish Cap, that can be used directly and fixes the direction of the hero.
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: July 31, 2017, 07:50:49 AM

For the project Children of Solarus, which kind of shield would you prefer?
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

Hi! I have added a third option. But you can still change the choice of your vote!

It's very probable that we will use a shield like in Minish Cap (option 3) for CoS, but we could also allow the player to switch its mode to option 2 (Link's Awakening shield) from some menu. In any case, the poll is still very interesting to know the preference of players and may influence future games of the team.
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

Whoops! :o
You are right, you cannot change the vote (I forgot to enable the option when I created the poll and cannot enable it anymore). I'm sorry for that. :-[
Anyway, I will count choices 2 and 3 together, since these are almost the same.

A testing video for the wooden shield!
https://youtu.be/d9Ehywkc6x4

Hi there,

I am not sure the protocol for posting to older topics here, but... I just saw this wooden shield and think it is great.
I would love to implement something like this myself. Button press activated shield that locks direction. Any advice on how to code this?

I am a total noob to this stuff. I only just started checking out the video tutorials, and have not tried my hand at much of the coding.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you! It looks very cool!

If you are a total noob, you should not start with the shield.
First do easy stuff and learn how to program easy stuff.
This shield is a bit experimental and may need some improvement.