Tilesets for Oni-Link Begins: Solarus Edition

Started by ffomega, June 21, 2017, 06:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 21, 2017, 06:38:22 AM Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 09:32:49 PM by ffomega
In a few of his live streams, Chris has mentioned that he was in need of certain tileset recolors for some of the maps used in Oni-Link begins.  Earlier today, I told him that I would make tilesets for him.  He said in the stream that he only needed the images, and that he would just use an existing data file.  So if any of you wish to use these tilesets for your own maps, you will need to pick an absolute dungeon tileset data file, as well as an absolute dungeon entities data file, and rename them to match the names of the images listed here.

Take note: These WILL NOT be included in my official Hyrule Maps Package, as they are not an official color within A Link to the Past.  My tilesets only include (with the exceptions of ADT 19 & ADT 20) palettes found within Hyrule Magic.  These were also a request by Chris and therefore will have no need to be added to my pack.

The "Purple" tileset was used in "Map18"

The "Dark Teal" tileset was used in "Map26"

Finally, the "Pale Yellow tileset was used in "Map19"

If you notice any inconsistencies, please leave them in this thread and I will do my best to correct them, and as always...

Happy mapping!
My tilesets page can be found here:
http://absolute-hyrule-tutorials.solarus-games.org/

June 21, 2017, 05:23:37 PM #1 Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 05:25:28 PM by Diarandor
Hi @ffomega! I inform you about these good news:

Check this: https://github.com/solarus-games/solarus-quest-editor/issues/171

Maxs1789 has already coded the feature to move several tile patterns simultaneously, selected by using a rectangle, in the tileset editor (and Chris will soon upload a snapshot with this feature for the dev version 1.6). This feature is very useful for two purposes:

1) Creation of art of new tilesets, including both the tileset and png images. (This is my case, because I may decide to relocate tile patterns during the art creation.)

2) Creation of huge tilesets (just like yours, @ffomega). In case you decide to move/relocate some group of tile patterns to other part of the image/tileset, this feature may save many hours (or even weeks) of your life!!!! So take this feature into account when you work with tilesets :)
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."

Chris has confirmed that he has already uploaded a snapshot in the dev version 1.6 with the feature. :D
"If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you. But if you really make them think, they'll hate you."